Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY) and Rep. Jo Ann Emerson (R-MO) are introducing tomorrow a new bill titled "Promoting American Agricultural and Medical Exports to Cuba Act of 2007"
The bill will:
1) Lift the travel ban
2) Remove pre-payment requirement for agriculture exports to Cuba
3) Allow for direct banking from Cuba in relation to payments from agricultural sales
4) Provide visas to Cubans whose intent is to inspect and/or purchase agricultural goods
5) Eliminate onsite verification requirement applied to medicine and medical devise exports
6) Repeal of Section 211
7) Support of an Agricultural Export Promotion Program with respect to Cuba administered by U.S. Department of Agriculture.
JG: After the bill is introduced tomorrow, you can obtain the number of the bill here at Cuba Journal, or you can visit the Library of Congress Thomas Website.
Then, call your Congressman and ask him/her to co-sponsor and/or support this much needed bill which will reform our failed Cuba policies.