At the regular monthly meeting, held on June 5th, 2009, the Florida Socialist Party adopted unanimously the following resolution:
all the nations of the world have an inherent right to choose their own political and economic systems.
after suffering from 1902 to 1958 from capitalist regimes that were corrupt and exploitative, the courageous Cuban people chose the Socialist path on January First, 1959.
the United States government has enforced since 1962 a genocidal embargo/blockade against the courageous Cuban people.
Be it resolved by the Florida Socialist Party,
1. That we demand that the United States government observe international laws of strict non-interference in the internal affairs of other nations.
2. That we demand that the Untied States government renounce the use of war as an instrument of its foreign policy.
3. That we demand the unconditional lifting of said Cuba embargo blockade by the United States government.
4. That we applaud the resolution passed on October 2008 by a vote of 185-3 at the United Nations General Assembly which condemns the Cuba embargo/blockade.
5. That we demand that all Americans be allowed the freedom to travel to any country of the world that they choose to visit.
6. That we demand the re-establishment of normal diplomatic relations with the Republic of Cuba.
7. That we demand that the United States government respect Cuba's independence and national sovereignty.