Fidel Castro seems to have a puppy love and/or be infatuated with Barack Obama. Could it be that, because of the dismal state of Cuba's economy, the former president is hoping for a "bailout" from the current capitalist occupant of the Oval Office?
Barack Obama said one thing when he was campaigning for president and has done the opposite when he went to live in the White House.
1) Iraq: Obama promised a "withdrawal" in 15 months when he was campaigning. It was extended to 18 months when he was inaugurated. I predict that the U.S. will keep all its troops in Iraq, in order to continue to "protect" the oil reserves which the U.S. stole from the Iraqis.
2) Afghanistan: it is now Obama's war. He will escalate it soon and will send up to 40,000 new troops there. Obama is the typical arrogant U.S. president. His inexperience shows every time he opens his mouth.
3) The press has reported that the Guantanamo Gulag will not be closed. The imperialists can continue their torturing of people in Cuba's national and sovereign territory. What is peaceful about that?
3) Last but not least: he has continued the state of economic and financial warfare which exists between Cuba and the United States. He has continued the genocidal blockade/embargo against Cuba. How can Fidel say that Obama is a peacemaker? I say it is a plain case of the senility of the former leader of the Cuban Revolution.
4) I pay no attention to what the Republicans say about Obama. They are just as bad as the Democrats.
P.S. I am happy that an African-American has reached the White House. But in his first eight months he has been a great disappointment. I will not vote for him again. His fanatical followers immediately cry "racism" anytime than one person criticizes Obama. They should group up!