Monday, December 13, 2010

Is Google blockading the website of the Federacion Cubana de Beisbol Aficionado?

I visit the website of the Federacion Cubana de Beisbol Aficionado (FCBA) often for the simple fact that their statistics section, despite being a little wobbly and with tables that are not pretty, has the very important statistics of games played, on base percentage, slugging percentage and total bases. Many websites about Cuban baseball do not publish those four vital statistics. FCBA also publishes up to date statistics about EVERY Cuban baseball player, not just about a select few.

On Friday night everything was OK. But on Saturday, when I clicked on my link to FCBA, I was greeted with a fiery red screen from Google telling me that "this site may harm your computer." Since I use Ubuntu Linux, which has a much better firewall than the garbage that Bill Gates puts in his Windows OS, I pressed the option box of "ignore this warning." I was able to access the FCBA website on Saturday and Sunday and my laptop was not infected with any malware, as Google was claiming.

But Monday morning, Google removed the option of "ignore this warning."

Who is Google? The Nanny and the Babysitter of computer users? Who appointed them to this unelected position?

Is Google, with encouragement from Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, "blockading" the FCBA website?

SAY IT AIN'T SO, JOE!

No comments: