Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cuatro Gatos or 150 gatos?

I do not like the Miami Herald. That is a well known fact. It is a reactionary newspaper and it is stridently anti-Cuba. It is full of gusano "reporters."

But some times you have to read what people that you do not like are saying, just to stay informed of all the available opinions and news.

Yesterday, one of the premier gusanos who writes at One Herald Plaza, Juan Tamayo, wrote about Cuban diplomats in Washington will host emigres for talks on U.S. policy toward the island.

I was invited, but I am not attending, and here is my reason. There are more than one million Cubans leaving outside the island.  150 Cubans meeting at the Cuban Interests Section in Washington D.C. is a very tiny number of Cubans. Could it be that these 150 are under the direct control of the Cuban government? I do not know. I am too independent to be controlled either by the Cuban government or the United States government.

No comments: