Monday, June 10, 2013

A Conversation Between Cuba Journal and Barack Obama


Cuba Journal: Sir, have you heard of a document called the Constitution of the United States?

Barack Obama: Yes, I have.

Cuba Journal: Have you read the clause that prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures?

Barack Obama: Yes, I have.

Cuba Journal: The American people are beginning to say that you and your National Security Agency are systematically violating the rights and civil liberties of peaceful and law-abiding U.S. citizens.

Barack Obama: We have to look for terrorists. That gives me the authority to put aside and disregard inconvenient restrictions on my powers.

Cuba Journal: That is rather arrogant on your part, isn't it?

Barack Obama: I am the way I am.

Cuba Journal: So, you are saying that in your fight against terrorists you can disregard the Constitution of the United States? It doesn't apply to you?

Barack Obama: Yes!

Cuba Journal: Have you read the part in the Constitution that specifies that the U.S. Congress can impeach you and remove you from the White House?

Barack Obama: They are pussies. They won't do it. Besides, my party controls the U.S. Senate and they will be “nice” to me, and they will vote to keep me in the Oval Office. They will continue to let me do as I please.

Cuba Journal: Sir, do you know the difference between dictatorship and democracy?

Barack Obama: Can we change the subject to something else?

No comments: