Monday, February 24, 2014

Buzz Words!


“If you buy my APP today you will have eternal happiness.”

It is very similar to the old “buy my miracle elixir now and say goodbye to what ails you.”

One of the biggest truisms of life is the very famous saying of P.T. Barnum: “There is a sucker born every minute.”

Since the creation of the Internet, capitalism's scams keep on growing and growing at an alarming rate. The housing bubble comes to mind. When the music stopped, a huge economic crash followed.

All you have to do is create a buzz word and you can probably make millions of dollars. Capitalists now call a place to sleep and eat a “luxury apartment.” I will buy a hundred of them and sell them to the suckers.

Starbucks, became a very successful capitalist company after they “invented” a buzz word and called it latte. It turned out that they had not invented anything new. A latte is the very old and reliable cafe con leche (espresso coffee mixed with steamed hot milk). I was drinking it before leaving for school in the morning, when I was seven or eight years old.

The buzz word of the day is APP. It is also nothing new. I was writing apps in the late 1960's. It is merely instructions for a computer, written by a software programmer. Now they call them engineers. It sounds classy and more important.

Last week, a capitalist company paid $19 billion dollars for a company called “Whats App” which only has 65 employees. The owner and his company could very well become the biggest suckers of the month.

I am very happily retired now, and enjoying the great sunny weather in Florida. I no longer have to write apps for a living. I am still drinking latte in the morning after I get up. I make it at home, and I do not have to pay Starbucks four bucks for it. Mine only costs me sixty five cents.

No comments: