Hotel De La Havana
1887 – 1891
During the fabulous pioneer days of Ybor City, the famed Hotel De La Havana was located on this corner. The three story frame structure was the first hotel erected in the Latin Quarter. The proprietors were Jose Rubin and Jacinto Olavarria.
The hotel was the headquarters for newly arrived tobacco workers and Cuban political exiles. The building was destroyed during Ybor City's first great fire in November 1891.
Erected by Las Novedades Restaurant
JG: The hotel was located at present day North 15th Street and 7th Avenue.