Friday, November 07, 2014

Forced labor slavery at Panera & Applebee's?

This month, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) announced that it is suing a regional restaurant group that owns a number of fast-food franchises, including Applebee’s, Panera Bread and Chevy’s, because the group requires all of its employees and applicants to sign a “forced arbitration” clause as a condition of employment – that is, if these employees want to work in the group’s restaurants, they must sign away their right to hold their employer accountable in court for violating state or federal employment laws.


JG: I was shocked and very surprised when I saw this article. I only have one "reward" card, that of Panera Bread. I will investigate and talk to the manager at the local Panera Bread that I frequent. If they persist with this violation of basic worker's rights, I will not patronize them any more. I will miss their quality products.

No comments: