Thursday, April 30, 2015

U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders chastises Bill and Hillary Clinton for the millions of dollars that their "foundation" is receiving from capitalist billionaires

JG: Bill and Hillary Clinton use public service to enrich themselves. They are typical U.S. politicians.

Here is what ABC reported today:

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vermont, said he is concerned by the millions of dollars flowing into the Clinton Foundation at a time when he thinks money plays too strong a role in politics.
“It tells me what is a very serious problem,” Sanders said in an interview with ABC News’ Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl. “It's not just about Hillary Clinto or Bill Clinton. It is about a political system today that is dominated by big money. It's about the Koch brothers being prepared to spend $900 million dollars in the coming election.

“So do I have concerns about the Clinton Foundation and that money? I do,” he added. “But I am concerned about Sheldonj Adelson and his billions. I’m concerned about the Koch Brothers and their billions. We're looking at a system where our democracy is being owned by a handful of billionaires.”

Sanders said that “anybody now who is running for office, with few exceptions,” is part of that system.

“I am one of the exceptions," he said. "I am not going to start a super PAC. I’m not going to go around the country talking to millionaires. Now I'm saving my time because they wouldn't give me any money anyhow and that's fine.”

Source:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/senator-bernie-sanders-calls-hillary-clinton-foundation-money/story?id=30687863

JG: Politicians in the U.S. today have become nothing but money whores.



No comments: