Saturday, June 10, 2017

Ian Paisley was a very nasty man. Reminds me of Donald Trump.

When I read that Britain's Prime Minister, Theresa May, wanted to form a governing coalition with the Democratic Unionist Party of Northern Ireland -- a British colony that ought to be returned to Ireland -- the name rang a bell, but I could not quite remember why. So I went to the Wikipedia.

After reading the first few paragraphs of the introduction about Mr. Paisley, it all came back to me.

Ian Paisley was a religious fanatic, and that type of fanaticism is ALWAYS much, much worse than the political fanaticism variety.

In the 1960's I still had not put organized religion in the same category that Karl Marx assigned to it. I was still a practicing Catholic, after spending 11 years at De La Salle.

Northern Ireland currently bans homosexual marriage and I agree with that. I am O.K. with civil unions, but I am still in favor of traditional marriage, a union between one man an one woman. There is no procreation among homosexuals. They proselytize and recruit.

I do believe that homosexuality is an abnormal and unnatural lifestyle, but it is not against the law to be a homosexual.

Homosexuals were not the biggest threat to Northern Ireland. People like Ian Paisley were. They were religious terrorists, like ISIS today.


No comments: